Sunday, May 17, 2009

Not a great couple of weeks for me. I had to bid a very sad farewell to my sailor. So that's....
Also, got a nasty viral throat infection right before he left, so that didn't make things very easy. And to top that off, it came back! That is just so crappy. I know it's not strep because I had a throat culture done, but it sure does feel like it. It is super painful and the only thing I can do to soothe my throat is to keep eating and drinking anything that's not really dry, which brings me to...

Weight loss: Also not a good week for weight loss. Chad took me out to Outback Steakhouse before he left, and then he and the kids grilled hot dogs and corn for my Mother's Day dinner, and then we all went over to Grandma and Grampa's to eat even more hot dogs and hamburgers the next day. Now my throat is killing me, so I'm just eating and drinking stuff all day to soothe my throat. I hate this.

Craftiness: Working on my first pair of socks done at the same time on one circular. Yay! Coming along nicely, but they won't be usable when finished. Since I'm just doing this first pair to learn, they are two different colors so I don't mix them up and I'm using Red Heart Super Saver. Not a good yarn for socks. I know I wouldn't want to walk with that on my feet. Anyway, pics later.

Bookshelf: Reading The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. I really don't like it as much as Coraline and I'm struggling a little to get through it. Something about the ghoul gate weirded me out and I haven't been as enthusiatic about reading the book.

Okay, I'm feeling too crappy to try to remember any more or post pics or links, so that's all you get until I feel better.

2 comments:

Meg said...

I see you've added your ticker. I'm still deciding whether I should "update" or not. That's a lot of crap to redo.

Hope you feel better soon!

Meg said...

As for The Graveyard book, I listened to Neil read it rather than reading it myself, and really enjoyed it. I may not have enjoyed it so much if I had actually read the book. Now I'll never know. ;)