Monday, May 25, 2009

Weekly Update - May 25th

Well,another not so great week. Some ups but I have had a serious lack of motivation and energy. Need to start taking a daily vitamin. One thing though, I am daily being made aware of how much my husband loves me and how much I love him. My heart if full to bursting for him.

The Fam:
Emma is being a fantastic helper! She is doing so much and without complaining. I am so thankful to have her as a daughter. She's a chatterbox, which can be painfully exhausting; but she is such sweet, caring little girl. Great job, Ems!

Novalee provided an especially funny moment this week. She was being naughty (naturally), so when I went upstairs to get her, she attempted to hide under a blanket, crying out, "I'm a rock! I'm a rock!" I was almost fooled. "D

Kurt experienced TWO firsts this week! On Monday, we went on a field trip with his Infant/Toddler program. It was his first time in a pool. Kurt's not the adventurous type, so he was pretty reluctant the whole time. He sat on my lap in the pool for the first 20 minutes, but eventually he got brave enough to take a few steps away from Mommy to play with his ball. He actually didn't want to leave when it was time to go. My sweet little guy.
Kurt also had his very first haircut on Saturday. We went to the NEX where his first haircut was FREE! Hooray! I was really reluctant to cute those adorable little curls off, but they were getting so raggedy and he hated having a comb pulled through his hair. So...here are the before shots: Pretty nappy, huh? The hairdresser was very sweet and good with him, but he was not too happy about sitting in that big chair all by himself. But he was soon quieted with a yummy Tootsie Pop. "D And here's the video of my sweetie's first haircut.
And she did a fantastic job! I was worried I would hate losing the curls, but it turned out very nice. My handsome boy! Thank you, NEX!

Julia is growing fast! She is such a little chunker! It's too cute, but she's grown out of all her clothes. I had to go shopping to get some summer clothes for her because she practically had nothing to wear. I couldn't find much I really liked though, so I had to settle for mediocre. But she makes them look so much better.

Weight Loss: Still not so good. No motivation at all. Hopefully, sooon. Ever since my sore throat episode, I've wanted nothing but juice. I don't really even want to eat unless it's fruit. I've gone through three bottles of juice by myself this week. Yummy, yummy, yummy! But I know it's wreaking havoc on my teeth. So...I need some motivation. Oh, and did I mention?....JUICE!

Craftiness: Still working on the socks. I've decided to get back into sewing also. I am itching to make some summer dresses for the girls. It's been a slow week for crafting, though. However, on my consignment store run, I happened to find a Baby Surprise Jacket that someone had made...on CLEARANCE for $1.25. I couldn't just leave it there when someone had spent so much time on it. So now Novalee and Kurt are fighting over it.


Bookshelf: Finished The Graveyard Book! I actually ended up really liking it (4 stars). After the ghoul gate thing and when Bod starts to come into his own, it gets kind of Harry Potterish, which was cool with me. Pretty good! So the next book on the bookshelf is The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, which is supposed to be funny. Looking forward to a book with a lighter mood.

Celestial University: My previous goals were way too much at once for me to remember every day. So right now, I'm just working on one. I'm getting ready for a yard sale for Business & Economics. Went through two boxes from the shed tonight. Hopefully at least two a day. But I've started! Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Hey Amber! We miss you here in Richardson :(
I remember once you said you were teaching the scripture stories to the girls by teaching the same story in a different way every night for a week, then quizzing them on it. What resources did you use? We've ordered Book of Mormon Stories, but that's only one way of teaching each story.
We're working on Jack's listening skills right now, so I think this will help a lot!
You can email me at mircaswell@gmail.com :)