Sunday, May 03, 2009

Weekly Update

Okay, I'm going to try to do what Megan started with the weekly update thing. I hope I'll be able to keep it up. I'm actually doing it right now because I need to do something to stay awake. I am incredibly tired and Julia and Novalee will not sleep. So if I'm sounding a little off, you know why. K, gonna try to make some categories that will usually always have a weekly entry.

The Fam:
Emma performed in the school talent show this week. She sang Seek the Lord Early and she sounded beautiful. She was so brave and just got up there and sang her little heart out. She got quite a round of applause. I am so proud of her.

Julia is growing fast. She's already 16 lbs! I think Emma was like 16 pounds at a year old. She can almost roll from her back to her front now, and she can scoot backwards. Really have to watch that one now. She had stage 1 foods for the first time this week also...tender peas. She wasn't that impressed.
I should be sending out her six-month update to everyone soon, so someone remind me to do that.

Kurts seems to be on a "let's see how much I can possibly whine and cry during the day" kick, but I suppose that's normal for a two-year-old.

Novalee's just Novalee.

Chad has duty today so I'm really missing him and being reminded what it's going to be like every day for 7 months when he goes on deployment. This has been a particularly bad day, though, so I'm not too worried.

Weight Loss
The goal is to lose 33 lbs before Christmas!  That’s approximately 5 lbs a month.  I think I can do that.  Also, I need to keep up to date with my Walk to Rivendell.

Craftiness
Almost finished with my Children's Book swap package. Excited to get that out and getting more excited every day to receive mine. The Hubby got me some new fun yarn this week. I got Sirdar Snuggly Poppet in blue and Bernat Baby Boucle in Flower Power, all on clearance! And Chad picked out some sock yarn for me...all by himself (the choices were too overwhelming for me)! He got me Regia Cotton Java sock yarn in colorway 1180. It is beautiful! I am so impressed. You did good, Chad! I'm searching for my 2-at-a-Time Socks book so I can get started on that. Yay! Just signed up for the Superheroes swap, too.

Fun Stuff
There is a way cool tree in front of a house around the corner from us. It looks like it came straight from a Dr. Seuss book! I want one. If anyone knows what kind of tree this is, let me know. Check it out.


On Saturday, we took a family trip to our favorite comic book store, AF Comics, for free comic book day. There were a few characters from Star Wars there, so we had to get pictures.

Kurt picked out his very first free comic! Cars: The Rookie

And Mommy caught a glimpse of his budding comic book nerdiness. So proud!



Celestial University
I've been wanting to participate in this program for a long time and we've finally gotten a couple groups started in Relief Society. I'm going to night school. ;)

So my major is Business & Economics, but I have to complete at least 5 goals in the College of Theology also. These are what I'm going to get started on now:

Business & Economics
1. Be two minutes early for all of your appointments and meetings for one month.
2. Don't use any credit cards for one month.
These will be completed on June 4th, 2009.

Theology
1. Pray twice a day on your knees for one month - Completed by June 5th, 2009
2. Read the scriptures for 15 minutes at least three times a week for two months - Completed by July 5th, 2009
3. Hold family prayer twice a day for a month - Completed by July 5th, 2009
4. Read all of the lessons in the Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith manual.

Bookshelf
Megan and I are reading The Picture of Dorian Gray. I actually really love the book even though I really despise most of the characters. But that's a good thing I suppose because if I didn't feel anything toward the characters, that would be a sign of a badly written book. Anyway, it's getting even better now that we're getting down to the nitty gritty and I'm having a hard time putting the book down at night. I'm also trying to finish Covenant Hearts, and LDS book on marriage. And to remind myself, I need to get started on The Gathering: Signs of the Times for bookclub this month.

Next week's entry will also have entertainment and scripture entries. So long for now!

2 comments:

Meg said...

It looks like a Japanese Maple, but I really don't know anything about trees, so what I just said is pretty much worthless. It's probably a Truffula tree, anyway, so watch out for the Once-ler! Nobody really needs a thneed.

Meg said...

Kurt looks so happy about his Cars comic! :)